The Ball Gadget is a device of the Professor that only appeared in Spyro: A Hero's Tail. It can be unlocked by collecting eight Light Gems. It allows Spyro to roll around and roll over enemies. The Ball Gadget can speed up or can be stopped by pushing the button that activates the "brakes". There are three known areas where you can control one of these:
- Dragon Village: Takes you to Dragonfly Falls.
- Cloudy Domain: As a Mini-game: Easy mode wins an Egg, Hard Mode wins a Light Gem.
- Magma Falls: Connects the top and bottom of the realm.
The machine allows for transportation between various realms.
|Spyro the Dragon - Hunter the Cheetah|
Sparx the Dragonfly - Sgt. James Byrd - Blink the Mole
|Red (Mecha Form)|
Gnasty Gnorc - Ineptune - Mammoth
|Amp - Aqua - Astor - Bentley the Yeti - Ember - Flame - Fredneck - Freezia - Ice Princess - Lily - Magnus|
- Mergatroids - Moneybags - Mother Turtle - Mrs. Shoutfire - Otto - Peggy - Phil - Professor - Teena - Titan
- Tomas - Trina - Wally - Zoe
|Dragon Kingdom - Lost Cities - Icy Wilderness - Volcanic Isle|
Dragon Village - Crocovile Swamp - Dragonfly Falls - Coastal Remains - Cloudy Domain - Sunken Ruins
- Frostbite Village - Gloomy Glacier - Ice Citadel - Stormy Beach - Molten Mount - Magma Falls - Dark Mine
- Red's Lab
|Gnasty's Cave - Watery Tomb - Red's Chamber - Red's Lair|
|Island Speedway - Cloudy Speedway - Iceberg Aerobatics - Lava Palaver|
|Gems - Dark Gems - Light Gems - Dragon Eggs|