|This article is about the character from the first Spyro game. You may be looking for the character from Spyro: A Hero's Tail.|
- "After you free all the dragons, pass through this fancy...vortex, eh, thingamajigger."
Gnasty Gnorc's Revenge
At the beginning of the first game in the series, Astor is interviewd by DNN. Lindar appears and begins to say words that mocked and insulted Gnasty Gnorc, calling him a "no threat" and ugly! As a result, Astor and the other dragons (but Spyro) were turned into crystal statues. He was later saved by Spyro and Sparx at Stone Hill. After completing Gnasty's Loot, Astor and Lindar can be seen in the background in the final cutscene playing sheepball, only for both of them to be turned into crystal statues again by an offscreen character. (Here we go again...)
Year of the Dragon
Astor appeared at the beginning of Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Bianca thought he was waking up when she was stealing the last of the dragon eggs from the Dragons, but he was just moving in his sleep. Astor did indeed wake up when he heard Hunter's wail of pain when Bianca stepped onto his tail. In the next scene with the Dragon Elders, Astor is shown trying to pull another dragon (apparently Lindar) out of a hole.
- In the opening scene and in the game, Astor's voice is different on both occasions. The former appearance indicates he's mildly senile, while the latter makes him sound rather old.
- His voice during the opening cutscene was eventually given to Damon.
- In the demo, Astor's text dialogue is different than the final version's: "This vortex will take you back to the Artisan Home where you can enter the other Artisan lands. If you want to continue exploring then do not step into the vortex."
|Spyro the Dragon - Sparx the Dragonfly|
Fairies - Balloonists
Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Egg Thieves
|Artisans - Peace Keepers - Magic Crafters - Beast Makers - Dream Weavers - Gnorc Gnexus|
|Stone Hill - Dark Hollow - Town Square - Dry Canyon - Cliff Town - Ice Cavern - Alpine Ridge|
High Caves - Wizard Peak - Terrace Village - Misty Bog - Tree Tops - Dark Passage - Lofty Castle
- Haunted Towers - Gnorc Cove - Twilight Harbour - Gnasty's Loot
|Sunny Flight - Night Flight - Crystal Flight - Wild Flight - Icy Flight|
|Toasty - Doctor Shemp - Blowhard - Metalhead - Jacques - Gnasty Gnorc|
|Dragons - Treasure - Dragon Eggs|