Air is an elemental class introduced in the Skylanders series.
Skylanders who are associated with the element of Air use the manipulation of wind and storms to their advantage against their foes. They are strong against Earth Skylanders, but are weak against Fire characters in the Battle Arena. The color of this element is light blue. All Air skylanders (except Lightning Rod) have upgrades involving a third ability to fly. One Air Skylander, Whirlwind, is capable of destroying Purple Tzo Crystals with one of her normal attacks but only in Spyro's Adventure as that capability is disabled in Giants.
When opening an Air Gate, the Air skylander uses a small tornado that acts as a teleporter.
Air-based Skylanders stand on a pedestal made of clouds when they're in their toy form. This excludes Lightning Rod, as the cloud pedestal is part of him.
Air Elemental Characters
- None of the Air Skylanders have any appearance or spoken role in the trailers and commercials for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.
- This, the Magic and the Undead element are currently the only elements with more than one female Skylander.
- In Skylanders: Giants, the music theme from Stormy Stronghold plays in the Air elemental gates.
- This and the Fire element currently have no sidekicks.
- All Air Skylanders except Jet-Vac are able to go over water (Lightning Rod however couldn't on the Xbox 360 version of Spyro's Adventure).